As I'm sitting here watching the first big snowfall of the year, I can't help but to go through all of the 'to-do's' to prepare my hair and skin for winter. The season of severe dryness, frizzy flyaways and more static than we can handle is officially upon us! Don't stress though, there are always ways to combat it all! You winterize your car, why wouldn't you do the same for the crown you wear *insert princess sound effect here*
I've put together my FAVORITE winter hair routine to keep those locks feeling soft, frizz free and gorgeous the entire season! Let's keep your hair flip fab, girlfriend.
1) Shampoo. A big mistake I see clients making is skimping on their shampoo and trying to make it up in other areas of styling/treating. Your cleanser lies the groundwork for all other things, so don't overlook the importance of a good shampoo that will cleanse and treat simultaneously! I also say, the more days you can skip cleansing with shampoo and dry shampooing (click here for my fave dry shampoo), the better! Check out my favorite winter shampoo!
2) Condition. This should be a given all year round, but especially when it's dry and cold outside! The golden Marula oil in one of my ride-or-die conditioners has been the best for my guests needing a little extra moisture!
3. Deep Treat. A non-negotiable for keeping hair soft, strong, and manageable. Unite's 7SECONDS Masque is perfect for all hair types, takes 5 minutes once a week and the results are AMAZING. Just simply replace your regular conditioner one day per week and you'll thank me later!
4. Leave-in/Protect. I'm a huge supporter of products that will multi-task and get ALL of the work done for you. Unite's 7SECONDS Leave-In detangles, provides heat and UV protection, and closes the cuticle, sealing in shine and moisture while keeping all of the unwanted stuff out! Spritz a small amount after your shower before styling, or on day two hair for added moisture.
5) Style. I'm linking my favorite stylers for fighting winter hair blues below! I've found these give beautiful results and keep things nourished, shiny and fresh.
This is a GO TO for fighting the annoying static that comes along with cute coats, scarves and beanies. Spray a little and see it all gone!
7SECONDS BlowOut Crème will blow your mind, and your hair. Its blow-controlling formula extends the life of your blowout by eliminating frizz, leaving hair smooth and shiny without buildup.
My favorite go to spray for keeping things under control because it allows you to choose your hold level and dries instantly! Just turn the dial based on your need and it will work for you all day!
I hope this was helpful loves! As always, you can reach out to me with any product questions, or to book an appointment to get a personalized product recommendations!